If I have to put a label on it, I guess you could say I have been eating a primal diet since the beginning of January.
I’m actually working on a post that shows information and resources of eating paleo or primal while pregnant. I know I have felt great since I started, except for the occassional time I eat something my body doesn’t like. It’s a learning process.
I chose primal because my body tolerates dairy and it isn’t included if you go the paleo route. I love my cheese. And chocolate.
And that brings me to what I have in store for you today.
I found this recipe for Primal Fudge and adapted it for myself. Really the only thing I changed, was that I omitted the Vanilla extract. (Because I didn’t have any REAL Vanilla extract).
It was still very delicious and hit the spot for my chocolate craving.
Paleo Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups (Primal)
- ½ cup Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, divided
- ½ cup High Quality Cocoa Powder
- ½ cup Natural Almond Butter
- ¼ cup Raw Honey
- Melt half the coconut oil in a small saucepan.
- Blend all other ingredients in a food processor or blender until well blended.
- Add the melted coconut oil to blender.
- Blend just until mixed. (if you blend too long, it may separate.)
- Pour into paper muffin cups to a half inch full.
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes or fridge for 30 minutes until firm.
- Store in refrigerator in a sealed container.
As you can see from the calories, this is a ‘treat’ and not to be abused by eating all of them. (although it’s tempting). Honestly, eating one cures the sweet tooth for me so I have a nice supply in the fridge for when I need a little something.
I have been thinking of so many variations to this recipe to make different types of ‘fudge’. Adding some type of nut or dried berry would be an idea. I’m still learning this whole substituting thing though.